Is the Dyson Airwrap™ worth the hype?
* This is not a sponsored post. This review is based on my personal opinions.
I managed to get my hands on the Dyson right after the product launch with the help of a bride-turned-friend. My daily routine involves blow-drying my hair to look presentable for work. Regular hair bleaching sessions damaged my shoulder-length hair, but the Dyson Airwrap works for my dry and damaged hair texture. It is inevitable to spend time and effort to achieve great-looking hair. What I like most is that I was able to reduce my getting-ready time with the Dyson Airwrap. Forty minutes and I can be on my way to my client's place for their bridal makeup session. When I have to be at my client's home at 4 am, spending too much time on myself is a no-go.
Well done, Dyson! Your engineering solved my problems. When the Dyson Airwrap craze on YouTube went viral, I was blown away by the curling technology. I love how the hair can be easily wrapped / curled by the intelligent airflow!
Glorious salon blowouts is now easy like this
Inventions are made for lazy people. As an advocate for simplified processes, I know the Dyson Airwrap™ is invented for people like me. We know how challenging it is to curl the back portion of your hair, and the Dyson Airwrap™ solves this issue. With the game-changing tool, I no longer have to struggle with my bulky hairdryer and comb at the back of my head. No more aching arms, and awkward positions! Achieving Marilyn Monroe's blow-out hair is a breeze now. Bouncy curls, here I come.
Tips to use the Dyson Airwrap™
- Use it on 80% dry hair. Personally, I find the process faster.
- Hold the Dyson Airwrap at the ends of your hair, and let it cleverly perform an inwards C-curl.
- If you have short to shoulder-length hair, apply a teeth-brushing motion to allow the Dyson Airwrap to wrap and curl the hair.
- Remember to take small sections of the hair.
- Try to lift the hair away from the scalp. (If your scalp gets itchy, it may be from the heat.)
- One point to take note, hair does get frizzy because of the hair-drying function. Use a comb at the end of everything to comb your hair in place.
- Use a light-weight formula hairspray to keep the curls in place.
Reasons why the curls don't last
- Apply too much hair oil after curling your hair with the Dyson Airwrap™.
- Not using a light-weight hair spray formula
- Going out in the sun and sweating with the hair on your shoulders / back.
- If you have very fine/limp hair texture
My honest opinion
The Dyson Airwrap works for me, hence it's worth the hefty price tag. It helped minimize the time needed to get ready, and I have received compliments from my brides when I turn up at their doorsteps with better-looking hair. It helps with the professional image that I hope to portray.
Is the Dyson Airwrap worth the buy? I would think it has to fit your lifestyle, and solve your problem. I am looking forward to the next Dyson product, and I hope they make something for pets. The pet industry is huge, and I am sure pet lovers would love to have a silent, yet powerful dryer for their pets. Good things must wait.
Try the products at the Dyson Demo Store: Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer / Dyson Airwrap™ styler.
Beauty Lab at Funan | 01-27 | https://www.dyson.com.sg